TITLE: Sales Director
LOCATION: EMEA – Germany
REPORTS TO: Senior Vice President, Field Operations
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Up to 50%
As a key member of our EMEA sales team, the successful candidate will have responsibility for all aspects of selling an enterprise class "software as a service" to large companies across diverse verticals.
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and qualify their interest (in terms of decision processes, timeframe and budget). Explain how these needs could be met by specific QL2 products and services.
- Answer customers' questions about QL2 products (including their features, functions and deployment options), pricing, availability, product uses and applications, and credit terms.
- Understand customer business problem and objectives and how these can be met by QL2 products.
- As needed, gather specific requirements from customers that need to be addressed in a proof of concept.
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations.
- Escalation management as needed based on customer's needs and timelines.
- RFP/RFI response ownership within stated timelines.
- Present QL2 value proposition across any level, from CxO level to end user.
- Quote and negotiate prices and other key terms of sales & service agreements, including credit terms and other bid specifications.
- Continuously document and maintain customer records, using automated systems, including next steps leading toward a contract.
- Identify prospective customers through a variety of means, including using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Prepare sales agreements for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing.
- Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information.
- Background with competitive marketing and pricing dynamics a plus.
- Fluent in German a requirement, proficiency in other languages a plus.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity with basic desktop productivity applications.
- Familiarity with enterprise software technologies and similar services.
- Ability to learn new technology processes and terminology.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, requiring individual initiative and decision-making, as well as constant juggling of priorities.
- 5+ years experience in high tech enterprise software sales, product marketing or closely related fields, including at least 2 years as a quota bearing sales resource.
- B.A. / B.S. from a 4-year institution.
- Successfully performed with a sales quota and commission plan.
- Any Master's degree or computer science B.A. a plus.
- Startup company experience a plus.
- Experience with business intelligence, CRM, ERP, analytics or similar software.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Include the job title – Sales Director – in the subject line.
Make sure that your resume has contact information listed at the top.