LOCATION: US – Seattle
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None
The DBA is primarily responsible for the performance and integrity of multiple databases in production and test environments. Additional roles include troubleshooting, product planning, and development in conjunction with the database architect. The ideal candidate will have experience in performance tuning and maintaining terabyte-sized databases.
- Replication, backup, and recovery of databases
- Periodic maintenance (e.g. vacuuming, reindexing, archiving)
- Review schema and tune SQL queries with software developers
- After-hours support during key deployments and urgent production issues
- 2+ years database admin experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Fluency with Unix/Linux operating systems
- Working experience in replication, backup, and recovery processes
- Excellent problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills
- Familiarity with shell scripting
- Knowledge of Liquibase
- Experience with database monitoring tools
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Include the job title – DBA – in the subject line.
Make sure that your resume has contact information listed at the top.