TITLE: CFO or Controller
LOCATION: US – Seattle
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: None
QL2 Software LLC ("QL2") is a rapidly growing internet software company. QL2 gathers hundreds of millions of data elements daily from the internet and other unstructured sources. Customers use QL2data and software to dynamically optimize pricing, increase revenue, and drive better business decisions. QL2's customers include 7 of the top 10 global airlines, the 5 largest online travel agencies, and Global 100 energy, retail, and pharma companies.
QL2 is seeking a leader for its Finance Department. This position can be a CFO or a Controller developing into a CFO. The position is responsible for managing, planning, processing, and executing all financial data within the accounting department. This includes forecasting, budgeting, G/L analysis, A/P, A/R, and Cash Management. The Controller will also ensure that financials are in accordance to GAAP along with developing policy and procedures for good internal controls.
- Responsible for all accounting functions including the reconciliations of all G/L accounts for the company and intercompany accounts.
- Coordinate monthly closings, prepare monthly financial statements, and analyze actual/budget variances.
- Supervise accounting department and implement procedures to enhance efficiencies.
- Communicate and coordinate management reports with upper-management.
- Manage daily cash flows including timely billings/collections of customers, vendor payments and payroll.
- Oversee regulatory reporting - excise/B&O taxes and other government compliance reports.
- Work with external auditors in preparing necessary reports required to maintain GAAP financials.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or MBA required.
- Minimum ten years' experience in accounting with at least 5 years' experience as a controller.
- Must be proficient in QuickBooks Pro or higher version with expertise in Excel.
- Experience with software type companies with revenue recognition experience.
- Able to interpret customer contracts for billing information and A/R invoicing.
- Knowledgeable in dealing with contract revenue, recognizing bookings, billings, and backlog.
- Able to maintain reports that indicate total contract value and actual contract value.
- Experience in preparations of budgets including forecasting analysis.
- Experience in dealing with foreign currency transactions.
- Excellent communication skills, self-starter with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Reconcile daily cash accounts from bank to book balances. Report cash inflows to upper-management.
- Manage billing department by reviewing the G/L coding, issuing A/R invoice numbers, analyzing customer contracts.
- Maintain estimator, sales order and invoicing modules within QuickBooks.
- Update sub-ledger schedules as back-up to reconcile G/L accounts.
- Update Fixed Assets schedule and amortize monthly depreciation.
- Update prepaid accounts schedules and record monthly depreciations.
- Review deferred revenue accounts and record monthly revenue recognition.
- Review A/R aging calculating various ratios such as Daily Sales Outstanding (DSO).
- Produce weekly management dash report indicating actual and forecasted cash inflows/outflows.
- Update salaries payable account, recording PTO liabilities and expenses.
- Maintain sales tax payable account - recording monthly WA excise taxes.
- Update leases payable sub-ledger schedule to record monthly amortization.
- Maintain equity section of the balance sheet - preferred stock, retained earnings, and members draw.
- Create, coordinate, and maintain month-end closing schedule for producing monthly financials along with management reports.
- Create P&L reports to do month-to-month, quarter-to-quarter, and year-to-year variance analysis.
- Work with chartered accountants from foreign subsidiaries in verifying intercompany financials.
- Review and analyze foreign sub financial statements and consolidate them into QuickBooks.
- File quarterly city of Seattle RCA taxes.
- Run reports indicating billings, bookings and backlog - validating numbers.
- Calculate and accrue monthly sales commissions.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Include the job title – DBA – in the subject line.
Make sure that your resume has contact information listed at the top.